Although mutual respect and forgiveness are key to a happy relationship, There are many other things which can be done to keep a relationship strong and happy.
In this Singe Muslim help article , we’ll explain few of those simple things which can bring happiness in your relationship. These things also help to be good muslimah.
- There will be many incidents / things / matters where your husband will have different opinion than yours. Obeying husband and listening to him will not only eliminate disagreements , It’ll also raise your darajah as muslimah.
According to a hadith
Ibn Hibbaan narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a woman prays her five (daily prayers), fasts her month (Ramadaan), guards her chastity and obeys her husband, it will be said to her: ‘Enter Paradise from whichever of the gates of Paradise you wish.’” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 660.
In this Hadith what we need to understand is that Obeying husband has been given importance as “Fast” and “Prayers”. In other words , if a muslim woman , says five times prayer and fasts but doesn’t obey her husband , She’ll be going against this hadith.
You can also talk your husband out of some disagreement and make him change his opinion with logical reason .
- Forgiving each other is key to any relationship. If you make a mistake , then the best way is to be honest and accept your mistake and apologize for your mistake. If you feel like your husband has done any mistake , just talk to him and forgive him.
- Sexual relationship is important part of life between any life partners regardless of if they are muslim or not. Always be respectful to your partner choice and remember that intercourse is not over until both partners are satisfied. There is no reason to try out new things if those are halal. Never reveal your bedroom secrets and intimate moments to anyone.
- Never compare your life with others. Everyone in this world is not supposed to live at same standards. Be happy with whatever your husband can afford and live within your husband means. You should avoid unnecessary questions from husband for happy life.
- Everyone in this world needs support in their down moments. Wife is the first person where a husband comes and shares his moments. Always be supportive, encouraging and helpful towards aims of your husband .